Montana Hunting License Resident
A Montana Hunting License resident is someone who has been living in Montana for at most 180 days. Montana residents are active-duty military personnel stationed in Montana.
Montana Hunting License residents over 12 years old must have the Conservation License and the Base Hunting License in order to purchase or apply for licenses or permits that allow them to hunt certain game species. For more information, visit the Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks site.
Non-residents over 12 years old must have the Conservation License and the Base Hunting License in order to purchase or apply for licenses or permits that allow them to hunt certain game species.
If a person meets both the above requirements, he/she may apply for the Come Home to Hunt License to hunt deer and big game. The licensee must hunt with an adult licensed family member if granted.
- This is a non-resident that once lived in Montana, and bought a Montana resident hunting license.
- A Montana Hunting License resident or a close family member will sponsor the person.
- If a person meets both the above requirements, he/she may purchase the Nonresident Montana Native Hunting License.
- Although the person was born in Montana, they are no longer considered Montana residents.
- A Montana Hunting License resident is someone who is close to the person.
Youth Hunting License
Non-residents and residents of Montana aged 12-17 may be eligible to receive reduced price licenses. For more information, visit the Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks Website.
The Apprentice Youth Program is open to both residents and non-residents between the ages of 10-17. For more information, visit the Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks Website.
Senior Hunting License
Montana Hunting License residents over 62 years old may be eligible to receive reduced-price licenses. For more information, visit the Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks site.
Montana Hunting License residents may be eligible to receive the reduced-fee Resident With a Disability Conservation License. The Permit Modify Archery Equipment, and Permit To Hunt From a Vehicle are also available free of charge.
Veterans and Military Licenses
A resident hunting license can be purchased by active-duty military personnel stationed in Montana for a minimum of 30 days. A resident hunting license is also available to active-duty military personnel who are Montana citizens but are stationed somewhere else.
Some veterans with disabilities and active-duty military personnel may be eligible for donated hunting licenses. They must have a Purple Heart recipient, and be at least 70% disabled due to service-connected disabilities. For more information, contact the Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks.
Migratory Waterfowl Needs
For hunting migratory waterfowl, hunters must have the Federal Duck Stamp. All hunters 12 years old and older must purchase the Montana Migratory Bird License. Hunters must also show proof of participation in the Harvest Information Program.
Hunting licenses are valid until February 31st. Only the authorized seasons are allowed for species permits and licenses.
The Montana FWP app now allows you to access fishing and hunting licenses from your phone
HELENA — Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks has launched a new app which allows Montanans access to their hunting and fishing licences from their phones. This app is designed to reduce paperwork that people need to carry while they hunt and fish.
MyFWP can store and display permits, licenses, and digital carcass tags (known as E-Tags), which can be used on the field without cellular services. Hunters were previously able to download their hunting and fishing licences to their phones from the FWP page.
Governor Greg Gianforte stated, “Modernizing state government’s business practices allows us to better serve Montanans. This is a top priority as the Montana Comeback continues.” Greg Gianforte said. “I applaud FWP to bring this idea to life and I look forward the convenience it will bring to our anglers and hunters.”
The launch of the new mobile app by FWP coincides with the 2022 license year which began March 1. You can download the app now from Apple’s App Store or Google Play.
Hank Worsech, Director of FWP, stated that the mobile app was a significant advancement in convenience for anglers and hunters. “Anglers now have the ability to display their fishing licenses on their smartphones, while hunters can easily notch their digital carcass tags with just a few taps.
Hunting licensees can choose between digital and paper options when they purchase their licenses online. The individual must decide between the two options. This decision will be final for the rest of the license year. The hunter who chooses to use the digital option will have the E-Tag available on their mobile app for download before they go into the field.
Even if one chooses to use paper carcass tags they can still use MyFWP to view and carry licenses and permits for both the current and previous years. Digital validation is possible with an E-Tag for all game animals in Montana. This year, paddlefish will not have an E-Tag option.
If users log into the app and have installed E-Tags on their mobile devices, licenses and E-tags will be available out of cellular services.
- 430 FPS, COMPACT 6-INCH COCKED AXLE-TO-AXLE WITH HELICOIL TECHNOLOGY
- LIGHT WEIGHT 7.1-POUNDS – For maneuverability in the field
- BUILT-IN COCKING MECHANISM AND ANTI-DRY FIRE/AUTO SAFETY
- 100-YARD ILLUMINATED SCOPE AND QUIVER
- 3 RAVIN .003 ARROWS – With field tips (400-grain total weight)
- FULLY ASSEMBLED AND PRE-TUNED – Just sight-in and go
- EXCLUSIVE PREDATOR DUSK CAMO
- THE PERFECT HUNT: Our unique leather hunting log helps you keep track of all the small details that go into the perfect hunt!
- AMERICAN CRAFTSMANSHIP: Handmade by our expert artisans right here in our shop. Our products are proudly made in the USA using American craftsmanship.
- LEAVE YOUR MARK: We are inviting you to use your leather products and notice the unique marks they receive over time as you leave your mark.
- RICH, TOP-GRAIN LEATHER: we use US sourced cowhides left rugged and raw on purpose with natural markings when working with authentic leathers.
- PREMIUM PAPER: Enjoy rough-cut, cream colored, 70 weight, acid free, archival Sundance paper perfect for writing.